Energy Sources and Alternative Energy
Carefully review the Grading Rubric before beginning the assignment.
Read “Lab 4: Energy Sources and Alternative Energy.” This lab will allow you to investigate the effects of acid mine drainage through experimentation. Additionally, it will allow for the exploration of solar energy through the use of a solar cell motor. Then, you will utilize this information and your eScience lab kit to complete Experiments 1 and 2 on the Week Four Lab Reporting Form. Make sure to complete all of the following items before submission::
- Read through introductory material.
- Perform Experiment 1: The Effects of Coal Mining using your eScience lab manual and kit.
- Complete Table 1 and answer the Post Lab Questions 1 through 4 in complete sentences on the Week Four Lab Reporting Form.
- Perform Experiment 2: Solar Energy using your eScience lab manual and kit.
- Complete Table 2 and answer Post Lab Questions 1 through 5 in complete sentences on the Week Four Lab Reporting Form.
Submit the Week Four Lab Reporting Form via Waypoint. The document does not need to include a title page or other APA formatting; however, any outside sources utilized in your answers must be referenced in proper APA format as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Late Policy: Written assignments (essays, journals, presentations) are due on the specified days in the course. Written assignments will be subject to a late penalty of up to 10% per day up to three days late. If written assignments are submitted after 72 hours past the due date, instructors can give a penalty up to and including a grade of 0 for the