Describe the staging, lighting, costumes, and characters of the performance. How do these match or revise the written version of the play?
This is a reflection paper need to be two pages. Please let me know if you can click on the link to the play they are on youtube
Plays are meant to be performed, rather than read. The purpose of dramatic arts often extends far beyond the words written on a page; staging, lighting, costumes intonation, expression, and audience experience are all part of the experience of a theatrical production. To help develop your understanding of The Tempest and the cultural role of the dramatic arts, you will view a production of the play this week and write a two-page reflection to explain your viewing experience.
Below, please find several classic interpretations and modern adaptations of The Tempest:
· The Tempest: St. Louis Shakespeare Festival (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
· The Tempest: Savage Rose Theater Company (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
· The Tempest: Central Washington Production (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
· The Tempest: A Rock and Roll Space Odyssey (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
For this assignment, you will view one of the above and complete a reflection that addresses the following:
· Identify the performance that you have selected.
· Describe the staging, lighting, costumes, and characters of the performance. How do these match or revise the written version of the play?
· What type of mood and tone does the performance create? How?
· What parts of the play are easier to understand through performance? What are some details that stood out through performance?
· What does the performance suggest about the role of theater in contemporary culture?