- Why was T. Hall singled out for scrutiny?
- How did T. Hall’s neighbors respond to the gossip that this person’s sex was unclear?
- What authority did women claim in assessing the situation?
- What authority did men claim?
- What does the struggle to mark T. Hall’s gender identity suggest about the structure of community life and the roles of men and women in colonial America?
You are required to submit an initial posting that addresses the items above. You are also expected to respond to the posting of at least one other student. Your response should address why you agree/disagree with their posting.
Minimum word counts for this assignment are as follows: Initial Post = 200 words; Peer Response = 100 words. These are minimum word counts–you can write more. Be aware that only your answers count to the word counts (retyping questions into your post does not count toward the word count).
Be sure that you fully address the questions, providing detailed analysis and historical context. Do not cut-and-paste from sources, but instead use your own words to answer in both the initial post and peer response.