Interview one or more certified K-12 special education teachers working in an inclusion setting. Your interview should address the following:
- What is your role and what are your responsibilities in the inclusion setting?
- How did your school decide to use the inclusion model? What are its benefits and drawbacks?
- How does an inclusion setting differ from resource and self-contained models?
- Do students in an inclusion classroom receive specially designed curriculum?
- Are students in your inclusion classroom clustered? If so, how?
- How do you collaborate with general education teachers?
- How do you measure student progress?
- How do you reteach or approach concepts taught in the general education classroom?
- How do you use student IEPs to guide your instruction?
In 250-500 words, summarize and reflect upon your interview and explain how you will use your findings in your future professional practice.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.