Reporting and Disseminating Research Findings
Usually, all of the steps in conducting a research project culminate in writing a research study. There are various ways one can share the findings. The most commons ways include professional papers; poster sessions presented at conferences; publication in a professional, peer-reviewed journal; and dissertations. The APA manual and most research textbooks provide similar guidance for the content of research study, providing a standard. This week you will be introduced to all that is included in a sound research study.
- Critique a research study
Photo Credit: [blackred]/[iStock / Getty Images Plus]/Getty Images
Note: To access this week’s required library resources, please click on the link to the Course Readings List, found in the Course Materials section of your Syllabus.
Assignment: Article Review and Critique
By now, you should be aware that the findings from a research study are only part of the story. As a consumer, hoping to inform practice by use of an evidence base, you want to know much more. A sound research study includes all the steps highlighted in previous weeks: reviewing existing literature, focusing a research question, choosing a qualitative or quantitative method for answering the question, designing the study including selection of data collection procedures and/or measures, procedures used, data analysis plan, and findings. In addition, the study commonly discusses how ethical concerns were addressed and acknowledges the limitations of the study. For this assignment, you review a published research study with two purposes in mind:
- Observing the structure and content of the article
- Comparing the content of the article to the recommended content of sections for a research study.
By Day 7
Submit a 7-10 page critique and review of the article, which includes the title page and the reference list. Follow the guidelines below:
- Use the quantitative or qualitative research article that you located and that your instructor approved as part of the Week 5 assignment.
- Provide an APA reference for the article you select.
- If you selected a quantitative research study, use the “Quantitative Article Review and Critique. If you selected a qualitative study, use the “Qualitative Article Review and Critique.” Respond to all the questions.
Be sure to include the questions in your critique. This will cause your SafeAssign report to show high similarity to other students’ papers. However, do not be concerned about that. Do, however, appropriately paraphrase and cite specific details from the article you review.https://class.waldenu.edu/bbcswebdav/institution/USW1/201950_27/MS_SOCW/SOCW_6301_WC/artifacts/USW1_SOCW_6301_Wk10_qualitative_Article_Review_Critique.pdf