Write a 750-1,000-word essay about water quality in your community (Phoenix, AZ) that addresses the following points:
- Obtain a water quality report from your local municipality within the last two years and discuss what you found in the report?
- Identify a water quality issue happening in your community and where the pollution comes from? This includes point sources (for example, water discharge from a factory; contamination from a Superfund site), Non-point sources (for example, agricultural runoff), and Natural sources.
- Describe how the pollution source is impacting the environment and human health in your community, and provide two examples of each.
- Identify three management practices to minimize water pollution.
Remember to support your data and information with appropriate citations. A minimum of five peer-reviewed references must be included.
Per a directive from the University, any student who submits a final essay without a reference page or in-text citations must be reported to the Code of Conduct board, and a zero will be assessed for the grade.
- Avoid using first or second person statements in academic papers. Using “I” makes the content less credible and using “you” or “we” appears as though you are assuming elements about the reader that may not be correct. Consider using “the author” or “this author” or revise the sentence to eliminate it completely
- Contractions should not be used in any academic writing… use the full words i.e. don’t or can’t become do not and cannot.
- Wikipedia is not considered a valid or reliable research resource. You should not use or cite information gathered from Wikipedia, or blog. Look for a GCU library reference, a website ending with .edu, .gov, or a .org that includes references within the article.
- If there is no date for an article you still need to have n.d. for your in-text citation and reference.
- If there is no author, use the first three words of the article title for the in-text citation.