|What do you want your target audience to know about online gender violence?
Awareness Campaign Online Violence Against Women
You are to design an awareness campaign on Online Violence Against Women. You may include a discussion of gender violence in the news media, online gaming culture, music culture, social media (Instagram or others), etc.
|1. Write a Mission Statement|
|Who is your target audience? What do you want your target audience to know about online gender violence? What is the prevalence? Why is this campaign needed?|
|You are to use material covered in this course, and are encouraged to add secondary sources.|
|3. Analysis – Media Representations|
|· Are women and men portrayed differently in your choice of media?
· How is violence portrayed in your examples?
· In what ways do these representations confirm and/or challenge the arguments about violence we have read about and discussed in this course?
· Give examples to clarify your argument
|· Why do we need to address online violence on a global level?
· What may be an effective way to create awareness and initiate change?
|5. Call to Action|
|· How can you make a difference in the lives of your community, locally or globally?
· Action Item: Make one specific suggestion to address online violence against women
· How can your target audience help you to raise awareness?
Document: 12-point font Arial, double spaced, 7-8 pages